To drink or not to drink - Here are 10 of the BEST wine quotes!
Wine Importer | Wine List Consultant | Speaker
Oh Friday...the day of the week where it's completely appropriate to open up a bottle of wine at 3pm simply because we enjoy creating that distinction between weekday and weekend.
It's also a day that calls for a little frivolity so I thought I'd share with you my top 10 favourite wine quotes that really get me into the mood to pop a bottle.
You are all welcome to sit and join me for a glass of wine... I will be having one whether you join me or not!
1. "Wine is the only artwork you can drink" - Luis Fernando Olaverri.
2. "In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it" - Napoleon Bonaparte. (Smart dude)
3. "A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world" - Louis Pasteur. (Amen Brother)
4. “Beer is made by men, wine by God.” (...and a lot of beer goes into making a good bottle of wine!)
5. “Either give me more wine or leave me alone.” Rumi (my feelings exactly)
6. "You can't find happiness at the bottom of a wine bottle... well duh, who is happy about an empty bottle of wine?"
7. "Wine is basically the stuff you do between Coffee and Wine Time"
8. "I don't drink wine ALL the time, Only when I'm happy or stressed, relaxing alone or with friends, when I'm busy or just being lazy, While I cook or with a book"
9. "There are 13 minerals essential for human life and all of them are found in wine. Coincidence? I think not!"
and last but definitely not least...and excuse the French...
10. Better to be Full of Wine than Full of Shit!
hehehe... I won't lie.. that last one gets me everytime. Do you have other wine quotes that get you in the mood? As a bonus one, I saw an interesting quote outside a bottleshop today. "Dinosaurs didn't drink wine and they are now extinct...Coincidence? Don't risk it!" hahaha.